In this episode of The Modern Consultant podcast, I have the pleasure of hosting Margo Aaron.
Margo is the co-founder of Brainstorm Road, a community of practice for shipping your dream project. Her work has been featured in Inc, The Observer, Thrive Global, and Thought Catalog. She’s taught thousands of students how to sell honestly and market ethically through her online courses. You can find her over at ThatSeemsImportant.com where she writes the most popular unknown newsletter on the internet.
Topics we cover:
– How Margo went from academic research to marketing
– Why the world of personal development is helpful for marketers
– To understand human behavior, use empathy and perspective taking.
– Can marketers use positive psychology to motivate buyers?
– Should your marketing include stories that are painful for your audience?
– From consultant to online creator: how should we mentally prepare?
– How to set boundaries in business and creative expression
– How vulnerable should consultants be online?
– How can consultants get better at messaging without becoming professional copywriters?
– How should consultants market to people who don’t know their brand or track record?
– What would “Margo the Marketer” travel back in time to tell “Margo the Researcher”?
– Where can we find out more about Margo?
Ready to go from idea to implementation?
Join The Modern Consultant email list, and we’ll share weekly emails and a monthly free workshop for you to productize and scale your expertise.
If you’re interested in becoming a client, then also join the email list to hear when new client enrollments are available.